Thursday, October 12, 2006

Where it all began!


My journey begins in New nyanza General Hospital, in Kisumu city along the shores of the largest lake in Africa (Lake Victoria) where on a cloudy morning of 9th January 1971 my mother Mrs Beatrice Inziani brought me forth into this world. Born into a very humble world, as my mother says I started fighting from the word go. I was among the first 10 babies to be born at the hospital right after it was opened by the late founding father Mzee Jomo Kenyatta. So I was special in some kind of way, that I almost met the founding father. Unfortunately that was pretty much the closest I ever came to the dude...History though has it that he was quite a dude.. he left behind a legacy that some have found difficult to keep up with..he is our founding father and he deserves his place in history...

Back to my world. I havent been a frequent visitor to Kisumu, only having visited back 3 or 4 times since that first cloudy morning. The last time being in 1999 while passing through from a business trip to Kakamega (another great town which i will definitely write about. I owe my beginnings to the town though and I will make an effort to visit often...

6 Comments:

Blogger Stanley Ngaira said...

I havent blogged in a while, i will soon, been tied down with work.

November 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ngaich this is Great!!!!!

November 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

precious my nieve!!!

July 27, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

this is wonderful. i was in wordi also from 1987 to 1990..... i know i got that infectious christianity from there. especially crazy olympics and then great worship at the camps.

God bless you
Christine (now in SA)

August 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blog very soon. i am huge fan of your blog!!!!

April 15, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! THIS IS BRILLIANT
Alex Maingi

February 28, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home