Monday, December 04, 2006

Word of Life 2

We are in CU , my friends, Jona, Devo, Tom and Elvis all hiding from Nyoike.. the problem was we couldnt leave before the meeting was over so it meant we had to endure an hour long of thomas's singing Sauli mbona wanitesa? (later on I was to appreciate that singing quite seriously). My bossom friend Sammy Mbau had seen the light earlier than us and was in the CU not hiding from Nyoike but genuinely attending afternoon fellowship... at the end of the meeting they made an announcement to the effect that a trip was being organised for CU members to visit Limuru Girls School for a joint fellowship on the 31st of January 1988.. This was really unbelievable.. Could we be hearing right... We all thought that there must be a catch. We asked if we had to pay and sure enough there was.... we were to wear our school uniform on a sunday of all days...The prospect of meeting girls though would very much dull any pain that we would endure in our uniform...

Sunday 31st january our bus rolled into chox..... And there was our nightmare, we had expected at the most 25 girls to turn up for CU, that we could handle, instead, the whole school lined there to greet us... I will be honest and say i was numb from the moment i alighted from the bus until we were in the hall, i dont even remember uttering a word...

In the hall the girls had reserved the front row seats for us probably to watch us as we squirmed in our agony.. funny enough , the genuine CU members had been here before so it was only us late comers who felt the heat.. nevertheless these circumstances caused me to give my undivided attention to the going ons on stage... And therein i came face to face with the gospel of Jesus Christ... I had been to church all my life but never understood why I needed to have a personal relationship with Christ... The preacher delivered the sermon as if he spoke only to me.. quoting from John 11: 25-27,

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 26and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
27"Yes, Lord," she told him, "I believe that you are the Christ,[b] the Son of God, who was to come into the world."

On that day I accepted Christ as my personal saviour and thus started my journey which has been long and winding, exciting and tough, dark and light... But a journey with NEVER a REGRET... the journey continues....

1 Comments:

Blogger Salome Ayany Atandi said...

Wow now this was really funny esp the Saulo mbona wanitesa song. It remineded me of some lovely days in high school when i hated church and the CU. . . .

Keep up the good walk of faith.

December 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home