Friday, June 01, 2012

Back to the future.....

Life is a journey... And the gracious father grants us His mercies along the way. I have been blessed with golden travel companions. My Family.... Between 2008 and 2010... We lived in a small town called Moerfelden-Walldorf on the outskirts of Frankfurt. It was a lovely little village and Ednah(my wife) and Alvin our first born son got a chance to explore it to the maximum. Unfortunately due to the fact that their grasp of the deutsche language wasnt kicking into gear, we had to relocate back home...
September 2009 they relocated ahead of me.. and I joined them a year later.

The plan was to move home and stay at home, do some farming, grow some crops and make a life in Kenya... Life is a journey.... A year later and my company decided that we needed to relocate to the paradise island of Mauritius.(there are those who may argue about the paradise bit), but hey am just a messenger.. So here I am working in Ebene and living in Moka.

Mauritius is an interesting place. What they call towns is what we call surburbs in Nairobi. But to cut them some slack, their country is small in size. This is the only country that I have lived in where you can drive from one border to the next under 2 hours. Its a lovely place but only for holidays.. But still here I am 18 months later but soon winding down.

Life is a journey, I hope that I will not be uprooted again after I make my way back to my motherland God willing in Oct 2012.

Life is a journey, in 2010, Ednah and I decided to start our own technology company - ESAL... Abby our second born little angel was born on 21st Feb 2011 and ESAL started operations in March 2011. Did I mention that I also relocated to Mauritius in March 2011? Effectively it meant that Ednah, baby in hand had to take the company off. We are crazy. We started off with working capital of Kshs. 70,000. Selling electronic airtime, and who did we have for competition?, PESA POINT, TELEYETU and of course the providers themselves. Today we have learnt so much about this business.. We have had to change strategy a couple of times. In a year and a half of running the business we are yet to get a single shilling as profit but we have grown our turnover to Kshs. 4,000,000 a month.

We have had many would be investors come and raise our hopes with stories of millions of shillings pumped in. But we are yet to get a cent. And yet our resolve has never wavered. We believe that deep down ESAL(Ednah, Stanley Abby and Alvin) will rise like a phoenix. And one day we will be recognised as one of the big airtime houses....

God is our banner!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home